In the blogging world, there is something that many have heard of, but most don’t quite know what it is… it’s the Liebster Award. Basically, bloggers from all over are nominated by other bloggers to receive this award. Most bloggers use Facebook numbers to determine who is eligible to be nominated. Initially it started with blogs with 3000 followers and now it is for blogs with followers of 200 or less, which in turn, help lesser-known bloggers get some much needed exposure. There are no judges and no prizes, but to me, knowing that another blogger felt my blog deserved the chance for more exposure, is a prize in itself.
So, who nominated me? Diana from Parenting Meltdowns, a wonderful blog about parenting and being completely honest, how sometimes the most frequent meltdowns are her own! I love it! I had one just today, so I feel like I am in great company. 🙂 Now that I have been given this award, I have some questions to answer and then, the best part is that I get to nominate 5 to 11 (I’ll choose 5!) of my favorite up and coming bloggers! How cool is that?
So here are my questions that Diana gave me, and my answers:
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started Guard the Door after blogging on my other site, MamaMouse for a year or two. I felt God calling me to create another blog that was about faith and family. Initially, it wass focused alot on marriage because I felt God wanted me to share how He made an impact in my life and marriage. My husband and I were deeply affected by the movie Fireproof, and I was drawn to the song, Love is Not a Fight by Warren Barfield. In the song, he talked about God sending angels to “guard the door”. God kept bringing me back to that verse and I knew that He was giving me the name of my blog. Today, I write about faith, family & fun, which includes homeschooling.
2. What do you do to get inspired to write?
Nothing in particular. Things just come up in life or I feel led.
3. What is your favorite food?
Ribeye steak made by my hubby.
4. If you could travel the world, where would you go?
Fiji. Specifically the Namale Resort.
5. Did your life turn out as planned?
Kind of, kind of not. I did marry an awesome guy and have two children, but I’m not living where I feel my heart and soul want to be. Yet.
6. What is your favorite song?
Hard to pick, but probably One Day More from Les Miserables.
7. Which one of your posts is your favorite?
I think One Little Song, because it’s where I spoke to other people who might have been or who were walking where I once was.
8. What word would you use to describe yourself?
9. Do you speak a second language?
Unless it’s stuffed animal speak when playing with my children, none.
10. What do you do for yourself when you get a moment alone?
Watch House Hunters or anything on HGTV…until the kids come out and join me.
11. Would you rather have a unicorn or a dragon? (lol random)
I think a dragon because I think the unicorn’s hair would add to my list of things to clean which is long enough! 😉
Now to nominate some awesome blogs!
2. A Merry Mom
4. Joyful Grace
Now, just because I nominated you, does not mean you HAVE to accept the award and/or answer the questions. That is completely up to you! Just know that there are people out there (like myself) who appreciate what you are doing in the blogging world! If you do decide to answer the questions and nominate other bloggers, please grab the Liebster Award image below and post it on your blog post!
Now for your questions!
1. What makes you smile?
2. Are you a morning person or a night-owl?
3. What inspires you in life?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. Who is one of your heroes?
6. What is your favorite season of the year?
7. What do you hope people take away from your blog?
8. Are you a planner or spontaneous?
9. What is your favorite movie?
10. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
11. What is your favorite quote and who said it?
Thanks again to Diana from Parenting Meltdowns for the blogger love!